- 1/4 cup protein powder I used chocolate plant-based
- 1 1/4 cups self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sweetener of choice I used erythritol
- 6 tbsp sunflower oil any neutral-flavored oil
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons milk of choice I used unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup chocolate frosting
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Grease a 12-count donut pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your dry ingredients and mix well. Then, add your wet ingredients, and mix until a thick batter remains. If it is too thick, add extra milk.
- Transfer your batter into a ziplock bag. Cut one corner of it and distribute the batter evenly amongst the donut holes. Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
Let the donuts cool in the pan for 10 minutes, before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, frost them.
* You may need more, depending on if your batter is too thick.
TO STORE: Donuts should be stored in the refrigerator, covered. They will keep well for up to 1 week.